trail rose

trail rose
SJRT: Pincushion Peak

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Gratitude Journal

Ten years ago, before blogging was around... I started a gratitude journal.


 A small, simple book that kept record of my top 3 things I was thankful for experiencing on a daily basis.... the small things...I saw, smelled, tasted, felt, heard... things noticed in the pauses of a day's time.


I cannot say that I came up with this idea...


I read it in a 2001 article in Shape magazine.


I'm sure Oprah talked about it once...
                            But wherever I heard it, it has worked for me..

Finding small wonder, appreciation and peace in a fast world full of busyness and materialism.


It has been emotional, surprising, and at times funny to read the things I was thankful for so many years ago...

...college, marriage....when mama was alive.


I still feel the emotions and grace the same today as when it was penned onto the now yellowing pages.

I am grateful that I even took the time to write it all down.

And now I blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment