Standing at the back door,
she tried to make it fast.
One tear hit the hard wood,
it fell like broken glass.
She said sometimes love slips away,
and you just can't get it back.
Let's face it.
For one split second,
she almost turned around.
But that would be like pouring rain drops
back into a cloud.
So she took another step, and said
I see the way out, and I'm gonna' take it.
I don't wanna' spend my life jaded,
waiting, to wake up one day and find,
that I've let all these years go by,
wasted.
Oh I don't wanna' keep on wishing, missing
the still of the morning, the color of the night.
I ain't spending no more time....
Wasted.
Carrie Underwood
Bounced over from My Happily Ever After and I'm glad I did...loving Little and Ashley. I've never heard of them before. Good stuff! Oh, and who doesn't love a little Carrie?
ReplyDeleteNice "meeting" you!