trail rose

trail rose
SJRT: Pincushion Peak

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Burnout

I think I am hitting a burnout. Looking over my blog posts I can see that I was starting to feel tired back in August. It is coming from trying to do too much all at once. My mind is always going.... I am reading this book about getting organized, and in some ways it is helping me get stuff done. In other ways it is making me realize how disorganized I am. I am feeling a little overwhelmed because I am lacking balance. I learned a while back that I, as do we all, have important componets that make up our lives:

Spiritual (church, time with the lord, worship)
Emotional (quiet time, mental rest, music, reading)
Physical (sleep, excercise, nutrition, sex)
Social (friends, family, events)
Work (creativity, productivity, use of gifts)

If too much time is given to any one or two areas, the others suffer. Sometimes when this happens I find myself playing catch up with the other parts of my life. I am learning to find balance by devoting appropriate time to each area and prioritizing the things in my life so i'm not spreading myself too thin. But, I admit this is hard and I often times fail. I push myself until the point of a burnout. So, I am in the process of taking a step back and looking to what is most important for me at this point. Something I should have done back in August!

1 comment:

  1. Here is a quote by Martin Luther: Work, work, from morning until late at night. In fact, I have so much to do that I shall have to spend the first 3 hours in prayer.

    I have found in my life that the priciple of tithing (were God supplies or needs when we give the firstfruits to Him) works not only financially, but also with my time.

    I will pray for you to find the right balance.
    As for pictures, I would love to take them for you. Email me at epic.rhonda@gmail.com and we can work out a time.

    ReplyDelete