trail rose

trail rose
SJRT: Pincushion Peak

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Magic Door

Do you remember the Movie "Monsters Inc.?" If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! Well today, I wished my children's bedroom door worked like this one. Go with me on this...

I was at the mall with a friend. My lil boy decided to touch everything he saw and when I tried to stop him, he threw himself on the ground in the store and outside of it screaming and crying. My daughter was screaming in the stroller because he was screaming. Embarrassed, I cut my friend time short. They screamed in the car on the long (stuck in traffic due to road work) trip home, except for the 20 min nap they managed just as we arrived at another friend's place. I thought the 20 min. nap had refreshed them, (silly Mommy)! My lil one sat on, chased, and cornered my friend's dog! But not before leaving a buffet of chip crumbs under her table and trying to hit one of the nice young boys also visiting...oh my! Good thing Annie and Rhonda were super understanding, (fun times)!

It's days like this I vow to never again take my kids in public or wish I had a magic door. One that could be opened and voila! My children's cozy bedroom, complete with their beds would appear. One where I could put them to bed, close the door and put that door in my diaper bag.....

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had one of those too!!!
    Really your kids were fabulous today.
    I'm soooo glad I got to meet them and you (in person).

    GREAT POST by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally totally get this...
    More than I care to say!

    ReplyDelete