


Another school year is ending. While it seems to have gone by so fast, I realize that another year of my life has passed by as well. I know the children in my class are not my own, but I have spent a year nurturing them as if they were. They have become sort of a mini family to me and I am mourning this "family" because in just 8 short days they will "fly away" to first grade. I see them as I would see a butterfly. I give them an environment to grow and change and then I open my hands and release them to find their place in this world. One day this will come to pass with my own babies, but we won't talk about that now..it's too hard to think about.
P.S. This is my last Kindergarten class. At least for a while anyway, for next year I too will "fly away" to first grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment