trail rose

trail rose
SJRT: Pincushion Peak

Monday, April 6, 2009

Gotta Love Oprah




Today I watched her show and it spoke to me in a way I really needed. It's funny how the Lord can use a talk show to speak to me and give me answers to prayers. I was sleeping late this morning on my Spring break and feeling great that I could finally give my body some much needed rest, but I was also feeling guilty that I was not up and playing with the kids. I started thinking about how nice life was when I could just sleep whenever I wanted and go shopping when I was in the mood..sigh. I do that sometimes.. feel sorry for myself and get depressed when my life seems unbalanced. After some Spring cleaning, the kids went down for a nap. Persia was sleeping on my chest when Opera came on and answered the question that sometimes whispers itself in my ear (are you being a good enough mother?) The answer was yes! And that i'm not alone in feeling overwhelmed and a bit stretched thin at times. In fact, here are some books I have to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment